Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Make Your Own Coin Holder


When I was a young'un I didn't have an income to buy coins and supplies.  I raked some leaves in the fall, shovelled snow in the winter, picked berries in the summer, but the idea of a paying job was years away.  Being a motivated collector I wanted to organize and store the coins in my collection.  This called for holders, but I didn't have money to buy them.  So...I made my own.

They were not commercial grade, but they did the job.







You'll need:

  • A sheet of paper
  • A pen or pencil
  • A pair of scissors
  • Scotch tape
  • Ruler

The measurements are simple enough, measure a rectangle 4 inches wide, 5 inches tall.
At the top, mark 1 inch squares.
At the bottom, mark rectangles 1 inch wide, 2 inches tall.
Draw the lines, cut it out, fold and tape.

The Measurements

Fold the bottom flap up.
Fold the side flaps over.
Fold the top flap down.

You can make life easy on yourself, draw the above template on a piece of cardboard, cardstock or other stiff material, cut it out.  Now all you have to do is trace the outline as many times as you like.
You can get 4 coin holders from a single sheet of paper. 
Cardboard Template

It need not be perfect, Good Enough will get the job done.
I offer a video demonstration of making the holder and the template:


Next, you'll want a box to hold the holders.  You can make a coin storage box just as easily.


Have fun and Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment