Sunday, June 11, 2017

I'm Back!

In case you were wondering what happened to me and why I dropped off the face of the earth, let me catch you up.

I've worked for an industrial contractor for around 15 years as a foreman, shift leader and field supervisor.  I left a couple years ago because my old back just wont take it anymore.  They've called a few times to see if I was available but I've declined.  After closing the diner in January I had to catch up on some bills.  I went to my old boss and asked what he had going on. He put me to work right away coordinating a job at a papermill.  This helped me take care of some urgent needs.  There was another job at a chemical plant which absorbed me for the entire month of May.  The money is good and I don't do any heavy lifting.  While the demand on my time was extreme, the results are everything I could have hoped for.  I've been able to wipe out all my debt, pay off the house, and put myself into a stable position once again. 

My bills are down to utilities and groceries.  I've reached that stage of my life where I will still work, but only on the large jobs that demand my expertise and experience.  A couple months per year will more than take care of my expenses.  The rest of the time I can do my thing, and that thing is coins.

One of my great objectives has always been to retire in my 50s.  I hit 50 last February, so I'm real close to meeting that objective.  I'll use the job to make sure the bills are paid.  As for the rest of my time, I'll do those things I want to do.  You can expect to find more articles, more videos, and more delightful coins being offered. 


There's no stopping me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment